Carlisle Elementary School
Carlisle Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Carlisle Elementary School's student population of 179 students has declined by 37% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||179 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Carlisle Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,762 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#384 out of 1762 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Southwest School Corporation School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Carlisle Carlisle Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 76 students
204 West Eaton St
Carlisle, IN 47838
(812) 398-3851 9.0 6-8 76
- Bicknell North Knox Junior Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 609 students
10890 N Sr 159
Bicknell, IN 47512
(812) 735-2990 9.3 7-12 609
- Sullivan Sullivan High School Grades: 9-12 | 573 students
902 N Section
Sullivan, IN 47882
(812) 268-6301 9.8 9-12 573
- Dugger Dugger Union Community School Corp Grades: K-12 | 353 students
7356 East County Road 50 South
Dugger, IN 47848
(812) 648-7109 10.4 K-12 353
- Sullivan Sullivan Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 620 students
351 W Frakes St
Sullivan, IN 47882
(812) 268-3341 10.4 PK-5 620
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.