Carole Highlands Elementary School
Carole Highlands Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Carole Highlands Elementary School's student population of 494 students has declined by 33% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has declined by 30% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||494 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Carole Highlands Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank||#1021 out of 1,367 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Prince George's County Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hyattsville Langley Park/mccormick Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 891 students
8201 15th Ave
Hyattsville, MD 20783
(301)445-8423 0.7 PK-6 891
- Hyattsville Cesar Chavez Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 305 students
6609 Riggs Rd
Hyattsville, MD 20782
(301)853-5694 0.9 PK-6 305
- Hyattsville Lewisdale Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 693 students
2400 Banning Pl
Hyattsville, MD 20783
(301)445-8433 1.0 PK-5 693
- Silver Spring New Hampshire Estates Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 453 students
8720 Carroll Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20903
(301)431-7607 1.2 PK-2 453
Although these students arrive from homes with very limited means, they are multicultural, intelligent, motivated and well-behaved. The teachers have high expectations for the academic, social and emotional success of the students, and are nurturing and supportive. Instruction is customized to the individual needs of each student, especially in reading, writing and mathematics skills. Science, social studies and health topics are integrated into reading.
- Posted by Teacher - teuke
Nearby Homes for Sale
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.