Central High School
Top Placements (Louisiana)
Central High School is Listed among the top public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Central High School's student population of 1364 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 89 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,364 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||89 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Central High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||13:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Central High School is East Baton Rouge Parish School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 108 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- East Baton Rouge Parish School District's student population of 46,333 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 68% has increased from 63% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $13,089 in this district is less than the state average of $24,719. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $13,165 is less than the state average of $22,732. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||East Baton Rouge Parish School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||46,333||1,095|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$563 MM||$27 MM|
|District Spending||$566 MM||$25 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$13,089||$24,719|
|District Spending / Student||$13,165||$22,732|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baton Rouge Central Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1038 students
12656 Sullivan Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70818
(225)261-2237 1.3 6-8 1038
- Baton Rouge Central Intermediate School Grades: 3-5 | 1048 students
12636 Sullivan Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70818
(225)261-1390 2.3 3-5 1048
- Greenwell Springs Bellingrath Hills Elementary School Grades: PK-K | 460 students
Greenwell Springs, LA 70739
(225)261-4093 2.4 PK-K 460
- Baton Rouge Tanglewood Elementary School Grades: 1-2 | 761 students
9352 Rustling Oaks
Baton Rouge, LA 70811
(225)261-3454 3.4 1-2 761
- Baton Rouge Greenbrier Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 465 students
12203 Canterbury Dr.
Baton Rouge, LA 70814
(225)275-4260 3.7 PK-5 465
Cell phone policies are changing at schools across the country, and some are even embracing the technology to enhance the learning experience or improve student safety.
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.