Central Junior Senior High School
- Central Junior Senior High School's student population of 234 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has grown by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||234 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Central Junior Senior High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,232 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#719 out of 1232 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Central Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elkader Central Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 200 students
400 1st Street Nw
Elkader, IA 52043
(563) 245-1472 0.0 PK-5 200
- Garnavillo Clayton Ridge Middle School Grades: 4-7 | 157 students
502 West Watson Street
Garnavillo, IA 52049
(563) 964-2321 8.4 4-7 157
- Garnavillo Iowa Virtual Academy Grades: K-12 | 326 students
502 W. Watson Street
Garnavillo, IA 52049
(563) 964-2321 9.0 K-12 326
- Monona Mfl Marmac Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 329 students
700 S Page St.
Monona, IA 52159
(563) 539-2032 13.2 PK-3 329
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.