Challis Jr/sr High School
- Challis Jr/sr High School's student population of 172 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||172 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Challis Jr/sr High School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ID)|
|Overall School Rank||#545 out of 656 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||19:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||CHALLIS JOINT DISTRICT School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Challis Challis Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 168 students
950 Bluff Avenue
Challis, ID 83226
(208)879-2439 0.2 PK-6 168
- May Patterson Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 9 students
13 Patterson Rd.
May, ID 83253
(208)876-4277 16.8 K-6 9
- Stanley Stanley Elem/jr High School Grades: K-8 | 11 students
Stanley, ID 83278
(208)774-3503 40.7 K-8 11
- Tendoy Tendoy Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 18 students
2217 Lemhi Road
Tendoy, ID 83468
(208)756-3524 42.3 K-6 18
- Leadore Leadore School Grades: PK-12 | 67 students
111 S 3rd St
Leadore, ID 83464
(208)768-2441 44.1 PK-12 67
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.