Chama Elementary School
- Chama Elementary School's student population of 86 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has grown by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||86 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Chama Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NM)|
|Overall School Rank||#452 out of 819 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||11-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Chama Valley Independent s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dulce Dulce Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 384 students
Dulce, NM 87528
(505)759-3353 22.7 PK-6 384
- Antonito Guadalupe Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 123 students
900 West 8th Street
Antonito, CO 81120
(719)376-5407 33.2 K-6 123
- Antonito Antonito High School Grades: 9-12 | 58 students
620 Pine Street
Antonito, CO 81120
(719)376-5468 33.5 9-12 58
- Pagosa Springs Pagosa Springs Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 534 students
309 Lewis Street
Pagosa Springs, CO 81147
(970)264-2794 34.4 5-8 534
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.