Chandler Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Chandler Academy's student population of 174 students has declined by 32% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||174 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Chandler Academy is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 644 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||#643 out of 644 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (11-12)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kanawha County Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charleston Piedmont Year-round Education Grades: PK-5 | 390 students
203 Bradford Street
Charleston, WV 25301
(304) 348-1910 0.6 PK-5 390
- Charleston Garnet Career Center Grades: 9-12
422 Dickinson Street
Charleston, WV 25301
(304) 348-6195 1.1 9-12 n/a
- Charleston Kanawha City Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 273 students
3601 Staunton Avenue Se
Charleston, WV 25304
(304) 348-1985 1.3 PK-5 273
- Charleston Ruffner Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 286 students
809 Litz Drive
Charleston, WV 25311
(304) 348-1130 1.5 PK-5 286
- Charleston Holz Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 263 students
1505 Hampton Rd
Charleston, WV 25314
(304) 348-1906 1.7 PK-5 263
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.