Cherryvale Senior / Middle School
- Cherryvale Senior / Middle School's student population of 345 students has declined by 19% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||345 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cherryvale Senior / Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,265 schools in Kansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1198 out of 1265 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cherryvale School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cherryvale Lincoln Central Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 351 students
401 E Main
Cherryvale, KS 67335
(620) 336-8140 0.4 PK-6 351
- Mound Valley Mound Valley Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 168 students
Mound Valley, KS 67354
(620) 328-3121 8.7 PK-8 168
- Independence Eisenhower Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 472 students
501 Spruce St.
Independence, KS 67301
(620) 332-1854 9.1 PK-2 472
- Independence Independence Senior High School Grades: PK-12 | 592 students
1301 N. 10th St.
Independence, KS 67301
(620) 332-1815 9.2 PK-12 592
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.