Chester Junior/senior High School
Chester Junior/senior High School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Chester Junior/senior High School's student population of 173 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||173 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Chester Junior/senior High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#4668 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Plumas Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chester Chester Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 216 students
158 Aspen St.
Chester, CA 96020
(530) 258-3194 0.3 K-6 216
- Chester Almanor High (Continuation School) Grades: 9-12 | 1 student
612 First St.
Chester, CA 96020
(530) 258-2126 0.5 9-12 1
- Westwood Fletcher Walker Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 87 students
Fourth And Greenwood Sts.
Westwood, CA 96137
(530) 256-3295 11.8 K-6 87
- Greenville Indian Valley Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 119 students
225 Grand St.
Greenville, CA 95947
(530) 284-7195 18.6 K-6 119
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.