- Chevak School's student population of 355 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||355 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Chevak School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||17:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kashunamiut School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hooper Bay Hooper Bay School Grades: PK-12 | 456 students
Hooper Bay, AK 99604
(907)758-1200 16.9 PK-12 456
- Scammon Bay Scammon Bay School Grades: K-12 | 215 students
Scammon Bay, AK 99662
(907)558-2000 21.5 K-12 215
- Bethel Ayaprun School Grades: PK-12 | 129 students
112 Village Road
Bethel, AK 99559
(907)237-2505 51.9 PK-12 129
- Tununak Paul T. Albert Memorial School Grades: PK-12 | 104 students
120 Village Road
Tununak, AK 99681
(907)652-6827 66.2 PK-12 104
- Toksook Bay Nelson Island Area School Grades: PK-12 | 186 students
118 Village Road
Toksook Bay, AK 99637
(907)427-7815 70.8 PK-12 186
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.