Hooper Bay School
Hooper Bay School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Hooper Bay School's student population of 456 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||456 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hooper Bay School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 465 schools in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#465 out of 465 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤1%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||17:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lower Yukon School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Hooper Bay School is Chevak School (16.9 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chevak Chevak School Grades: PK-12 | 333 students
985 Ksd Way
Chevak, AK 99563
(907)858-7712 16.9 PK-12 333
- Scammon Bay Scammon Bay School Grades: K-12 | 234 students
Scammon Bay, AK 99662
(907)558-2000 27.3 K-12 234
- Bethel Ayaprun School Grades: PK-12 | 116 students
112 Village Rd
Bethel, AK 99559
(907)237-2505 63.8 PK-12 116
- Tununak Paul T. Albert Memorial School Grades: PK-12 | 107 students
120 Village Rd
Tununak, AK 99681
(907)652-6827 71.2 PK-12 107
- Toksook Bay Nelson Island Area School Grades: PK-12 | 194 students
101 Sunny Side Rd
Toksook Bay, AK 99637
(907)427-7815 76.5 PK-12 194
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.