Clarendon High School
Clarendon High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Arkansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Clarendon High School's student population of 214 students has declined by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||214 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Clarendon High School's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AR)|
|Overall School Rank||#923 out of 999 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Clarendon School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Clarendon Clarendon Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 303 students
115 Eason Ln
Clarendon, AR 72029
(870)747-3383 0.4 PK-6 303
- De Valls Bluff Devalls Bluff High School Grades: 7-12 | 90 students
710 E Sycamore
De Valls Bluff, AR 72041
(870)998-2361 10.6 7-12 90
- Brinkley Brinkley High School Grades: 7-12 | 204 students
100 Tiger Dr
Brinkley, AR 72021
(870)734-5005 14.1 7-12 204
- Brinkley C.b. Partee Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 330 students
400 W Lynn St
Brinkley, AR 72021
(870)734-5010 14.1 PK-6 330
- Hazen Hazen Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 467 students
477 N Hazen Ave
Hazen, AR 72064
(870)255-4547 16.7 PK-8 467
I think that Clarendon High School is a great school as far as academics with some of the teachers. Athletics could use a little more help and the principal need help. As a former student of the school i would say that it needs plenty of help and discipline.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - nicks
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.