Clarendon School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public schools in Clarendon School District, serving 479 students.
- Public schools in Clarendon School District have an average math proficiency score of 28% (versus the Arkansas public school average of 47%), and reading proficiency score of 25% (versus the 44% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Arkansas.
- Minority enrollment is 64% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Arkansas public school average of 39% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the Arkansas public school average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Clarendon School District|
|School District Website||http://lions.grsc.k12.ar.us|
|School District Phone Number||(870) 747-3351|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||1,087 Schools|
|# of Students||479 Students||496,099 Students|
|# of Teachers||53 Teachers||35,801 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||14:1|
- Clarendon School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 262 school districts in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||3,146 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||8,074 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||43 Students||64,857 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||230 Students||101,315 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||174 Students||301,858 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||4,014 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||32 Students||12,823 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||26||16,843|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||41||36,976|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||41||36,844|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||36||36,929|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||38||37,788|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||31||38,814|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||42||38,853|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||21||36,316|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||44||36,431|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||26||36,623|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||30||37,736|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||30||37,222|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||40||35,386|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||33||33,052|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||286|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,000 is higher than the state average of $10,455. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,920 is higher than the state average of $10,918. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$6 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,000||$10,455|
|Spending / Student||$10,920||$10,918|
Clarendon School District Public Schools (2020-21)
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.