Clarendon School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public middle school in Clarendon School District, serving 203 students.
- Public middle school in Clarendon School District have an average math proficiency score of 17% (versus the Arkansas public middle school average of 46%), and reading proficiency score of 22% (versus the 45% statewide average). This district's average middle school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public middle schools in Arkansas.
- Minority enrollment is 67% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Arkansas public middle school average of 36% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 is less than the Arkansas public middle school average of 12:1.
|School District Name||Clarendon School District|
|School District Website||http://lions.grsc.k12.ar.us|
|School District Phone Number||(870) 747-3351|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|# of Schools||1 School||346 Schools|
|# of Students||203 Students||140,708 Students|
|# of Teachers||28 Teachers||11,354 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||12:1|
- Clarendon School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 258 school districts in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||884 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||2,140 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||18 Students||18,018 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||108 Students||25,657 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||67 Students||89,646 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||1,144 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||10 Students||3,219 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||396|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||428|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||435|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||447|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||489|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||838|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||6,049|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||20,258|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||44||36,431|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||26||36,623|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||30||16,981|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||30||7,486|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||40||7,156|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||33||6,638|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||53|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,000 is higher than the state average of $10,455. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,920 is higher than the state average of $10,918. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$6 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,000||$10,455|
|Spending / Student||$10,920||$10,918|
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.