Clarendon School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public high school in Clarendon School District, serving 203 students.
- Public high school in Clarendon School District have an average math proficiency score of 17% (versus the Arkansas public high school average of 35%), and reading proficiency score of 22% (versus the 44% statewide average). This district's average high school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public high schools in Arkansas.
- public high school in Clarendon School District have a Graduation Rate of 85%, which is less than the Arkansas average of 88%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is Clarendon High School, with 80-89% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in Arkansas or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 67% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Arkansas public high school average of 37% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 is less than the Arkansas public high school average of 12:1.
|School District Name||Clarendon School District|
|School District Website||http://lions.grsc.k12.ar.us|
|School District Phone Number||(870) 747-3351|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|# of Schools||1 School||370 Schools|
|# of Students||203 Students||172,506 Students|
|# of Teachers||28 Teachers||13,899 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||12:1|
- Clarendon School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 254 school districts in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||1,104 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||2,889 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||18 Students||21,455 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||108 Students||33,659 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||67 Students||108,559 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||1,261 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||10 Students||3,579 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||215|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||129|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||123|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||114|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||150|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||184|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||308|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||857|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||44||10,641|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||26||16,244|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||30||37,736|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||30||37,222|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||40||35,386|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||33||33,052|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||145|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,000 is higher than the state average of $10,455. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,920 is higher than the state average of $10,918. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$6 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,000||$10,455|
|Spending / Student||$10,920||$10,918|
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.