Clarendon School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public elementary school in Clarendon School District, serving 276 students.
- Public elementary school in Clarendon School District have an average math proficiency score of 37% (versus the Arkansas public elementary school average of 53%), and reading proficiency score of 27% (versus the 43% statewide average). This district's average elementary school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public elementary schools in Arkansas.
- Minority enrollment is 61% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Arkansas public elementary school average of 40% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the Arkansas public elementary school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Clarendon School District|
|School District Website||http://lions.grsc.k12.ar.us|
|School District Phone Number||(870) 747-3351|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|# of Schools||1 School||698 Schools|
|# of Students||276 Students||313,174 Students|
|# of Teachers||25 Teachers||21,211 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
- Clarendon School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 257 school districts in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||1,930 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||4,867 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||25 Students||42,457 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||122 Students||64,631 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||107 Students||187,776 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||2,746 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||22 Students||8,755 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||26||14,701|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||41||35,672|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||41||36,844|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||36||36,929|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||38||37,788|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||31||38,814|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||42||38,853|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||21||36,316|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||20,165|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||14,558|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||756|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||639|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||510|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||510|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||119|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,000 is higher than the state average of $10,455. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,920 is higher than the state average of $10,918. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$6 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,000||$10,455|
|Spending / Student||$10,920||$10,918|
Clarendon School District Public Elementary Schools (2020-21)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Clarendon Elementary School 115 Eason Ln
Clarendon, AR 72029
Grades: PK-6 | 276 students
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.