19 3rd St. E.
Cohagen, MT 59322
(School attendance zone shown in map)
Rating
8/
10
Top 30%
Cohagen School serves 13 students in grades Prekindergarten-8.
Cohagen School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Montana for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is ≥50% (which is higher than the Montana state average of 42%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is ≥50% (which is equal to the Montana state average of 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is higher than the Montana state level of 12:1.

Top Rankings

Cohagen School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Montana for:

School Overview

Cohagen School's student population of 13 students has declined by 23% over five school years.
The teacher population of 1 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Grades Offered
Grades Prekindergarten-8
Total Students
13 students
This chart display total students of Cohagen School by year, with the latest 2017-18 school year data.
Gender %
This chart display gender of Cohagen School
Total Classroom Teachers
1 teacher
This chart display the total teachers of Cohagen School by year, with the latest 2017-18 school year data.
Students by Grade
This chart display the students of Cohagen School by grade.

School Rankings

Cohagen School is ranked within the top 30% of all 715 schools in Montana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Cohagen School is 0.00, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.37. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
This School
State Level (MT)
Overall Testing Rank
#157 out of 715 schools
(Top 30%)
This chart display the overall school rank of Cohagen School, with the latest 2018-19 school year data.
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
≥50%
42%
This chart display the percentage of students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Math of Cohagen School and the percentage of public school students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Math of public schools in Montana by year, with the latest 2018-19 school year data.
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
≥50%
50%
This chart display the percentage of students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Reading/Language Arts of Cohagen School and the percentage of public school students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Reading/Language Arts of Montana by year, with the latest 2018-19 school year data.
Student : Teacher Ratio
13:1
12:1
This chart display the student teacher ratio of Cohagen School and the public school average student teacher ratio of Montana by year, with the latest 2017-18 school year data.
American Indian
n/a
11%
Asian
n/a
1%
Hispanic
n/a
5%
Black
n/a
1%
White
100%
78%
This chart display the percentage of White students in Cohagen School and the percentage of White public school students in Montana by year, with the latest 2017-18 school year data.
Hawaiian
n/a
n/a
Two or more races
n/a
4%
All Ethnic Groups
This chart display the percentage breakdown of students of all ethnic groups in Cohagen School.
This chart display the percentage breakdown of public school students of all ethnic groups in MT.
Diversity Score
0.00
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, MT Dept. of Education

School Reviews

Review Cohagen School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:

  • Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
  • Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Rate this school:

Recent Articles

How to Earn Your Associate’s Degree Before Graduating from High School
How to Earn Your Associate’s Degree Before Graduating from High School
Earn your associate's degree - or credit towards a bachelor's degree - before you earn your high school diploma. Learn about early college high schools and how they can help you jumpstart your higher education.
The Best High School Classes for Collegiate Success
The Best High School Classes for Collegiate Success
Learn which classes can best help students prepare for college.
Technology in Public Schools
Technology in Public Schools
Learn how technology is being implemented and funded in public schools.

Quick Stats (2022)

  • Grades: Prekindergarten-8
  • Students: 13 students
  • Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
  • Overall Testing Rank
    : Top 30% in MT
  • Math Proficiency
    : ≥50% (Top 20%)
  • Reading Proficiency
    : ≥50% (Top 50%)
  • Diversity Score
    : 0.00 (Btm 50%)

Quick Links