Colony Meadows Elementary School
Colony Meadows Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Colony Meadows Elementary School's student population of 752 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 49 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||752 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||49 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Colony Meadows Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 7,953 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#252 out of 7953 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fort Bend Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sugar Land Clements High School Grades: 9-12 | 2,551 students
4200 Elkins Dr
Sugar Land, TX 77479
(281)634-2150 0.4 9-12 2,551
- Missouri City Donald Leonetti Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 443 students
1757 Waters Lake Blvd
Missouri City, TX 77459
(281)327-3190 0.7 PK-5 443
- Richmond James C Neill Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 671 students
3830 Harvest Corner Dr
Richmond, TX 77406
(281)327-3760 0.7 PK-5 671
- Richmond James Patterson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 598 students
18702 Beechnut St
Richmond, TX 77407
(281)327-4260 0.7 PK-5 598
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.