Cornish Elementary School
- Cornish Elementary School's student population of 85 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cornish Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has increased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NH)|
|Overall School Rank||#181 out of 457 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||12:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cornish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Cornish Elementary School is Windsor School (3.4 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Windsor Windsor School Grades: PK-12 | 607 students
127 State Street
Windsor, VT 05089
(802)674-2310 3.4 PK-12 607
- Ascutney Weathersfield School Grades: PK-8 | 234 students
1355 Schoolhouse Road
Ascutney, VT 05030
(802)674-5400 5.4 PK-8 234
- Claremont Disnard Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 274 students
160 Hanover St.
Claremont, NH 03743
(603)543-4260 5.6 K-5 274
- Hartland Hartland Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 340 students
97 Martinsville Road
Hartland, VT 05048
(802)436-2255 6.0 PK-8 340
- Claremont Bluff School Grades: K-5 | 212 students
1 Summit Rd.
Claremont, NH 03743
(603)543-4273 6.4 K-5 212
Great teachers! Very caring, Wonderful community! Very Strong PTO
- Posted by Parent - Krist
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.