Cottageville Elementary School
Cottageville Elementary School serves 147 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Cottageville Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in West Virginia for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60-69% (which is higher than the West Virginia state average of 38%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 50-54% (which is higher than the West Virginia state average of 45%) for the 2017-18 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is higher than the West Virginia state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the West Virginia state average of 10% (majority Black).
Cottageville Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
Cottageville Elementary School's student population of 147 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Cottageville Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 638 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Cottageville Elementary School is 0.10, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.19. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (WV)
Overall Testing Rank
#85 out of 638 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)(17-18)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (11-12)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, WV Dept. of Education
Review Cottageville Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Private Tutoring: How Much is Too Much?
Does your child struggle to keep up in school? Is he performing well in one subject but not in another? If you answered "Yes" to either of these questions, you may want to consider hiring a private tutor.
Behavioral Intervention Plans
Children are going to act out. That is a fact of life. But when does a minor behavioral problem turn into a major issue? We explore behavior intervention plans and how they might be able to help your child curb problem behaviors in school and at home.
How Important Are Extra-Curricular Activities for College Applications?
It is never too early to start prepping for college by engaging in some extra-curricular activities that will help you to show a college admissions team who you are and what you believe in.