Covington Elementary School
- Covington Elementary School's student population of 419 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||419 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Covington Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,762 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#395 out of 1762 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Covington Community School Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Covington Covington Community High School Grades: 9-12 | 291 students
1017 6th St
Covington, IN 47932
(765) 793-2286 0.1 9-12 291
- Covington Covington Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 227 students
514 Railroad St
Covington, IN 47932
(765) 793-4451 0.1 6-8 227
- Veedersburg Fountain Central High School Grades: 7-12 | 492 students
750 E Us Hwy 136
Veedersburg, IN 47987
(765) 294-2206 4.3 7-12 492
- Danville Meade Park Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 355 students
200 S Kansas Ave
Danville, IL 61834
(217) 444-1925 9.8 K-4 355
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.