Covington Community High School
Covington Community High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Covington Community High School's student population of 291 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||291 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Covington Community High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,762 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank||#1003 out of 1762 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Covington Community School Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Covington Covington Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 419 students
1110 7th St
Covington, IN 47932
(765) 793-2254 0.1 PK-5 419
- Covington Covington Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 227 students
514 Railroad St
Covington, IN 47932
(765) 793-4451 0.1 6-8 227
- Veedersburg Fountain Central High School Grades: 7-12 | 492 students
750 E Us Hwy 136
Veedersburg, IN 47987
(765) 294-2206 4.3 7-12 492
- Danville Meade Park Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 355 students
200 S Kansas Ave
Danville, IL 61834
(217) 444-1925 9.7 K-4 355
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.