Craig Montessori School
Craig Montessori School places among the top 20% of public schools in Wisconsin for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Craig Montessori School's student population of 391 students has declined by 24% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||391 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Craig Montessori School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,029 schools in Wisconsin (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has decreased from 28:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WI)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1916 out of 2029 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Milwaukee School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Craig Montessori School is Hapa-hmong American Peace Academy K3-12 (0.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milwaukee Hapa-hmong American Peace Academy K3-12 Grades: PK-12 | 1594 students
4601 N 84th St
Milwaukee, WI 53225
(414)383-4944 0.6 PK-12 1594
- Milwaukee Morse Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 306 students
6700 N 80th St
Milwaukee, WI 53223
(414)393-2300 0.6 6-8 306
- Milwaukee Grantosa Drive Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 629 students
4850 N 82nd St
Milwaukee, WI 53218
(414)393-4400 0.7 PK-8 629
- Milwaukee Emerson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 260 students
9025 W Lawrence Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53225
(414)393-4300 0.8 PK-5 260
- Milwaukee Marshall High School Grades: 9-12 | 801 students
4141 N 64th St
Milwaukee, WI 53216
(414)393-2300 0.8 9-12 801
This is a very good school. My daughter is in her first year there, but as a former teacher myself, I have very high expectations of schools and this one is wonderful. Very pure montessori, orderly environment, caring teachers, well-behaved students. Principal who has great rapport with staff, students and parents.
- Posted by Parent - kjkru
This is a good school. My kids have been in this school since 3K. However, this listing says it is a K-6 school. However, it is actually a K-8 School. There are not a lot of extracurricular activites in the school, but the ones that they have are good.
- Posted by Parent - twngr
President Obama’s recent address included infrastructure funding for renovating schools. We’ll look at the plan overall and some of the states that would benefit from the plan.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.