D'evelyn Junior/senior High School
D'evelyn Junior/senior High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- D'evelyn Junior/senior High School's student population of 1,022 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 49 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2004)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||1,022 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||49 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- D'evelyn Junior/senior High School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,704 schools in Colorado (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall School Rank||#77 out of 1,704 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson County No. R-1 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Littleton Peiffer Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 410 students
4997 South Miller Way
Littleton, CO 80127
(303)982-4800 1.1 PK-6 410
- Denver Bear Creek High School Grades: 9-12 | 1634 students
9800 West Dartmouth Place
Denver, CO 80227
(303)982-8855 1.3 9-12 1634
- Denver Mountview Youth Service Center Grades: 5-12 | 23 students
7862 West Mansfield Parkway
Denver, CO 80235
(303)987-4575 1.5 5-12 23
- Littleton Governor's Ranch Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 429 students
5354 South Field Street
Littleton, CO 80123
(303)982-4625 1.7 K-6 429
As a parent, I researched for the best possible Jr/Sr High School for my kids and I unequivocally found it in D'Evelyn. While their test scores are unbelievable (top ACT/SAT for 18 years running in CO), what is more impressive is their curriculum. They believe all students can succeed in their Liberal Arts curriculum and the staff gives the students what they need to do so (students must, of course, be willing to do the work). In today's educational world where our students are guinea pigs for every new fad, D'Evelyn has stayed true to its philosophy for 25 years. They teach the students knowledge and allow the students to come to their own conclusions, avoiding the normal political bias of today. The staff is carefully selected for those who truly believe in what they are doing at the school and they are required to have expertise in their subject (i.e. Chemistry teachers actually have Chemistry degrees). Because of these policies, they have the best staff I have seen and the students are reaping the benefits. Additionally, because all staff are committed to the philosophy of the school, all are rowing in the same direction, allowing the school to continue to improve in any way that is necessary. There is not a school in the area that I would have rather sent my kids to. Enrollment is based on computerized lottery (no testing) and the best chance to get in is in their first year of middle school (though they do enroll through 9th grad when spots become available). The Jr - Sr High platform also makes it so kids do not have to go through an additional transition during their hardest years. The Sr. High students act as mentors for the middle schoolers, which is also a large benefit. Hopefully, you will get the golden ticket like our family did!
- Posted by Parent - GC
Nearby Homes for Sale
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.