Dayville School places among the top 20% of public schools in Oregon for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Dayville School's student population of 50 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dayville School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,194 schools in Oregon (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OR)|
|Overall School Rank||#877 out of 1,194 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||20:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dayville 16j School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Monument Monument School Grades: K-12 | 62 students
127 North St
Monument, OR 97864
(541)934-2646 25.1 K-12 62
- Long Creek Long Creek School Grades: PK-12 | 34 students
375 E Main
Long Creek, OR 97856
(541)421-3896 27.2 PK-12 34
- Spray Spray School Grades: K-12 | 46 students
303 Park Ave
Spray, OR 97874
(541)468-2226 28.3 K-12 46
- John Day Grant Union Junior/senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 289 students
911 S Canyon Blvd
John Day, OR 97845
(541)575-1799 29.3 7-12 289
- Canyon City Humbolt Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 297 students
329 N Humbolt St
Canyon City, OR 97820
(541)575-0454 29.4 K-6 297
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.