Deep River Elementary School
- Deep River Elementary School's student population of 283 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||283 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Deep River Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall School Rank||#414 out of 968 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Deep River School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chester Chester Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 206 students
23 Ridge Rd.
Chester, CT 06412
(860)526-5797 1.7 K-6 206
- Deep River John Winthrop Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 333 students
1 Winthrop Road
Deep River, CT 06417
(860)526-9546 1.9 7-8 333
- Centerbrook Essex Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 368 students
108 Main St.
Centerbrook, CT 06409
(860)767-8215 2.6 PK-6 368
- Westbrook Westbrook High School Grades: 9-12 | 273 students
156 Mcveagh Rd.
Westbrook, CT 06498
(860)399-6214 6.2 9-12 273
Learn about the education reform that is currently making its way through the Louisiana state legislature and the teacher protests that have arisen as a result.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.