Deer Isle-stonington Elementary School
- Deer Isle-stonington Elementary School's student population of 216 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has declined by 18% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||216 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Deer Isle-stonington Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has increased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank||#470 out of 525 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||12:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Deer Isle-Stonington CSD School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Deer Isle Deer Isle-stonington High School Grades: 9-12 | 108 students
251 North Deer Isle Rd
Deer Isle, ME 04627
(207)348-2303 0.0 9-12 108
- Brooklin Brooklin School Grades: PK-8 | 58 students
41 School Street
Brooklin, ME 04616
(207)359-2133 5.9 PK-8 58
- Isle Au Haut Isle Au Haut Rural School Grades: 3-7 | 5 students
125 Whitten Hills Rd
Isle Au Haut, ME 04645
(207)335-2521 10.9 3-7 5
- Brooksville Brooksville Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 56 students
1527 Coastal Road
Brooksville, ME 04617
(207)326-8500 11.3 K-8 56
- Islesboro Islesboro Central School Grades: K-12 | 87 students
159 Alumni Drive
Islesboro, ME 04848
(207)734-2251 12.0 K-12 87
Nearby Homes for Sale
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.