Deer Isle-stonington High School
- Deer Isle-stonington High School's student population of 114 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has declined by 18% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||114 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Deer Isle-stonington High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 526 schools in Maine (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has increased from 7:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#275 out of 526 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||12:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Deer Isle-Stonington Csd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Deer Isle Deer Isle-stonington Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 204 students
249 North Deer Isle Rd
Deer Isle, ME 04627
(207)348-6301 0.0 K-8 204
- Brooklin Brooklin School Grades: PK-8 | 62 students
41 School Street
Brooklin, ME 04616
(207)359-2133 5.9 PK-8 62
- Sedgwick Sedgwick Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 104 students
272 Snows Cove Rd
Sedgwick, ME 04676
(207)359-5002 8.5 PK-8 104
- Isle Au Haut Isle Au Haut Rural School Grades: K-8 | 5 students
1 Schoolhouse Lane
Isle Au Haut, ME 04645
(207)335-2521 10.9 K-8 5
- Brooksville Brooksville Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 63 students
1527 Coastal Road
Brooksville, ME 04617
(207)326-8500 11.3 PK-8 63
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.