Dekalb Jr.-sr. High School
- Dekalb Jr.-sr. High School's student population of 134 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||134 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dekalb Jr.-sr. High School's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MO)|
|Overall School Rank||#230 out of 2,073 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||BUCHANAN CO. R-IV School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rushville Rushville Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 232 students
8681 Sw State Rte 116
Rushville, MO 64484
(816)688-7777 4.6 PK-6 232
- Faucett Mid-buchanan Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 383 students
3221 Se State Rte H
Faucett, MO 64448
(816)238-1646 6.9 PK-6 383
- Saint Joseph Lake Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 334 students
Saint Joseph, MO 64504
(816)671-4240 9.0 PK-6 334
- Saint Joseph Hosea Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 483 students
6401 Gordon St
Saint Joseph, MO 64504
(816)671-4180 9.2 PK-6 483
- Dearborn North Platte High School Grades: 9-12 | 171 students
212 W Sixth St
Dearborn, MO 64439
(816)450-3344 9.4 9-12 171
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.