Devall Middle School
Devall Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Devall Middle School's student population of 160 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 33% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-8|
|Total Students||160 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Devall Middle School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#544 out of 1277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (15-16)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||West Baton Rouge Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Port Allen Chamberlin Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 293 students
6024 Section Road
Port Allen, LA 70767
(225) 627-6691 2.1 PK-4 293
- Baton Rouge Crestworth Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 314 students
11200 Avenue F
Baton Rouge, LA 70807
(225) 778-1317 5.6 PK-5 314
- Baton Rouge Celerity Crestworth Charter School Grades: K-8 | 103 students
10650 Avenue F
Baton Rouge, LA 70807
(985) 306-9638 5.7 K-8 103
- Baton Rouge Southern University Lab School Grades: PK-12 | 301 students
129 Swan Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70813
(225) 771-3490 6.2 PK-12 301
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.