Discovery Elementary School
- Discovery Elementary School's student population of 579 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||579 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Discovery Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has decreased from 22:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ID)|
|Overall School Rank||#114 out of 656 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Joint No. 2 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Meridian Pathways Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 126 students
1855 East Leigh Field Drive
Meridian, ID 83646
(208)350-4040 0.1 7-8 126
- Meridian Prospect Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 745 students
4300 North Red Horse Way
Meridian, ID 83646
(208)350-4000 0.8 PK-5 745
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.