Meridian Medical Arts Charter
- Meridian Medical Arts Charter's student population of 201 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||201 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Meridian Medical Arts Charter's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ID)|
|Overall School Rank||#49 out of 656 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥90%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Joint No. 2 School District|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Lacrosse, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volley Ball, Wrestling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Honor Society, HOSA, Key Club, Newspaper, Ski Team, Student council, Yearbook|
- Every course is integrated with the principals of health care. In every class students will learn how the materials are important to health care providers and how it is applied in the health care field. Students will complete job shadows and internships. They will also become certified in EMT, CNA, Med Office, or Pharmacy Tech.
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Meridian Pathways Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 126 students
1855 East Leigh Field Drive
Meridian, ID 83646
(208)350-4040 0.0 7-8 126
- Meridian Discovery Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 579 students
2100 East Leigh Field Drive
Meridian, ID 83642
(208)855-4090 0.1 PK-5 579
- Meridian Prospect Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 745 students
4300 North Red Horse Way
Meridian, ID 83646
(208)350-4000 0.7 PK-5 745
My daughter attends this school and I cannot say enough about it! The teachers and staff are so great to deal with. The students that attend MMACHS are very polite and it is like a family. They are able to get concurrent credits for some of their class through ISU, BSU and NNU. My daughter looks forward to getting her CNA and EMT certification and they also have Pharm Tech option as well. HOSA (Health Occupations Students of America) is one of MMACHS clubs. The students can compete in State events and that can take them to Nationals. I believe that if you have a student that is interested in the health care field, you need to check this school out.
- Posted by Parent - sinan
MMACHS is a public charter school that operates independently within the Meridian School District. Grades 9-12, this High School offers a professional-technical approach to prepare students for a career in the Health Sciences. Its current enrollents is approximately 199 students.
- Posted by Administrator - ander
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.