Meridian Medical Arts Charter
Meridian Medical Arts Charter places among the top 20% of public schools in Idaho for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Meridian Medical Arts Charter's student population of 193 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||193 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Meridian Medical Arts Charter is ranked within the top 1% of all 676 schools in Idaho (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ID)|
|Overall School Rank||#2 out of 676 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥90%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Joint School District No. 2 School District|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Lacrosse, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volley Ball, Wrestling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Honor Society, HOSA, Key Club, Newspaper, Ski Team, Student council, Yearbook|
- Every course is integrated with the principals of health care. In every class students will learn how the materials are important to health care providers and how it is applied in the health care field. Students will complete job shadows and internships. They will also become certified in EMT, CNA, Med Office, or Pharmacy Tech.
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Meridian Pathways Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 129 students
1855 East Leigh Field Drive
Meridian, ID 83646
(208) 350-4040 0.0 6-8 129
- Meridian Discovery Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 565 students
2100 East Leigh Field Drive
Meridian, ID 83642
(208) 855-4090 0.1 PK-5 565
- Meridian Prospect Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 748 students
4300 North Red Horse Way
Meridian, ID 83646
(208) 350-4000 0.7 PK-5 748
My daughter attends this school and I cannot say enough about it! The teachers and staff are so great to deal with. The students that attend MMACHS are very polite and it is like a family. They are able to get concurrent credits for some of their class through ISU, BSU and NNU. My daughter looks forward to getting her CNA and EMT certification and they also have Pharm Tech option as well. HOSA (Health Occupations Students of America) is one of MMACHS clubs. The students can compete in State events and that can take them to Nationals. I believe that if you have a student that is interested in the health care field, you need to check this school out.
- Posted by Parent - sinan
MMACHS is a public charter school that operates independently within the Meridian School District. Grades 9-12, this High School offers a professional-technical approach to prepare students for a career in the Health Sciences. Its current enrollents is approximately 199 students.
- Posted by Administrator - ander