Doniphan West Elementary School
- Doniphan West Elementary School's student population of 239 students has grown by 279% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 150% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||239 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Doniphan West Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall School Rank||#743 out of 1,268 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Doniphan West s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Troy Troy High And Middle School Grades: 7-12 | 145 students
319 S Park
Troy, KS 66087
(785)985-3533 8.2 7-12 145
- Highland Doniphan West Jr/sr High School Grades: 7-12 | 132 students
402 E Main
Highland, KS 66035
(785)442-3286 8.3 7-12 132
- Troy Troy Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 218 students
230 W Poplar
Troy, KS 66087
(785)985-3538 8.4 PK-6 218
- Everest Everest Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 173 students
221 South 7th
Everest, KS 66424
(785)548-7536 10.9 5-8 173
- Atchison Atchison Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 870 students
825 N 17th Street
Atchison, KS 66002
(913)367-1161 12.8 PK-5 870
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.