Douglass Elementary School serves 313 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Douglass Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Colorado for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 50-59% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 33%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-64% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 47%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is higher than the Colorado state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 17% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Colorado state average of 48% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 313 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 16:1
- Minority Enrollment: 17%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in CO
- Math Proficiency: 50-59% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 60-64% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CO Dept. of Education
Douglass Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Douglass Elementary School's student population of 313 students has declined by 32% over five school years.
The teacher population of 20 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Douglass Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,734 schools in Colorado (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Douglass Elementary School is 0.30, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (CO)
Overall Testing Rank
#165 out of 1734 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (19-20)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CO Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Douglass Elementary School's ranking?
Douglass Elementary School is ranked #165 out of 1,734 schools, which ranks it among the top 10% of public schools in Colorado.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
50-59% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 33% CO state average), while 60-64% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 47% CO state average).
How many students attend Douglass Elementary School?
313 students attend Douglass Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
83% of Douglass Elementary School students are White, 8% of students are Hispanic, 5% of students are Two or more races, 2% of students are Asian, 1% of students are American Indian, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Douglass Elementary School?
Douglass Elementary School has a student ration of 16:1, which is higher than the Colorado state average of 15:1.
What grades does Douglass Elementary School offer ?
Douglass Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
What school district is Douglass Elementary School part of?
Douglass Elementary School is part of Boulder Valley School District No. Re2.
Review Douglass Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
D.C. Schools: Controversial Growth of Charter Schools
Charter schools are growing in DC, and we analyze the response to recent numbers that show the student population in D.C. charter schools has outpaced the numbers for traditional public schools throughout the district.