Dove Of Detroit serves 503 students in grades Prekindergarten-8.
Dove Of Detroit placed in the top 30% of all schools in Michigan for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 48%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is lower than the Michigan state level of 17:1.
- School Type: Charter School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 503 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in MI
- Math Proficiency: <50% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: <50% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MI Dept. of Education
Dove Of Detroit ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
Most improved public schools
Percent Eligible For Free Lunch
Dove Of Detroit's student population of 503 students has grown by 12% over five school years.
The teacher population of 33 teachers has grown by 26% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Dove Of Detroit is ranked within the top 30% of all 2,925 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Dove Of Detroit is 0.00, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.55. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (MI)
Overall Testing Rank
#758 out of 2925 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MI Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Dove Of Detroit's ranking?
Dove Of Detroit is ranked #758 out of 2,925 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Michigan.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
<50% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% MI state average), while <50% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% MI state average).
How many students attend Dove Of Detroit?
503 students attend Dove Of Detroit.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
100% of Dove Of Detroit students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Dove Of Detroit?
Dove Of Detroit has a student ration of 15:1, which is lower than the Michigan state average of 17:1.
What grades does Dove Of Detroit offer ?
Dove Of Detroit offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-8 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Dove Of Detroit part of?
Dove Of Detroit is part of Dove Academy Of Detroit School District.
Dove Academy is the worst school ever. They don't care about the kids, they don't care about what's going on. Only 2 teachers I like is Ms. Allan and Ms. Wotton, they care about the kids and how they do in their work.
Review Dove Of Detroit. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
October 30, 2023Demystifying IEPs
Unlock the power of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) in this comprehensive guide. Discover how IEPs support students with diverse needs, including behavioral challenges. This article is a must-read for parents navigating the education system and aspiring teachers seeking to make a positive impact.