Dr. Martin Lur King Charter School For Sci/tech
Dr. Martin Lur King Charter School For Sci/tech places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Dr. Martin Lur King Charter School For Sci/tech's student population of 826 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 45 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||826 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dr. Martin Lur King Charter School For Sci/tech is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||13:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dr. Martin Luther King Charter For Sci/tech School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Dr. Martin Lur King Charter School For Sci/tech is Lord Beaconsfield Landry-oliver Perry Walker High School (1.8 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Arise Academy (1.4 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Arabi Elementary School (1.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arabi Arabi Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 753 students
7200 Alexander Avenue
Arabi, LA 70032
(504)218-5058 1.0 PK-5 753
- New Orleans Arise Academy Grades: K-8 | 497 students
3819 St. Claude Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70117
(504)520-9245 1.4 K-8 497
- New Orleans Homer A. Plessy Community School Grades: PK-4 | 240 students
2021 Pauger Street
New Orleans, LA 70116
(504)421-5711 1.4 PK-4 240
- New Orleans Kipp New Orleans Leadership Academy Grades: K-8 | 876 students
2300 St. Claude Ave
New Orleans, LA 70117
(504)373-6256 1.4 K-8 876
- New Orleans Lord Beaconsfield Landry-oliver Perry Walker High School Grades: 9-12 | 1266 students
1200 L.b. Landry Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70114
(504)302-7170 1.8 9-12 1266
I went to King for only two years back in elementary school (my first year there was the first year they moved to the Lower Ninth). Given the student population and what they've done with it as well as the many amazing memories I have of my time there, I couldn't recommend it more to people in the area.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Henri
Nearby Homes for Sale
Whopping cough is making a comeback, especially amongst children, prompting health officials to encourage pertussis vaccines and boosters. However, should the pertussis vaccine be required for public school enrollment? Learn about current proposed laws and its ramifications.
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.