Drake Junior High School
Drake Junior High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Drake Junior High School's student population of 676 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-8|
|Total Students||676 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Drake Junior High School's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall School Rank||#169 out of 1,704 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson County No. R-1 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arvada Allendale Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 243 students
5900 Oak Street
Arvada, CO 80004
(303)982-1165 1.5 PK-6 243
- Wheat Ridge Norma Anderson Preschool Grades: PK | 117 students
10801 West 44th Avenue
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
(303)982-1740 1.5 PK 117
- Arvada Warren Technical North Grades: 10-12 | 11 students
11325 Allendale Drive
Arvada, CO 80004
(303)982-9360 1.5 10-12 11
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.