East Dover Elementary School
East Dover Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Delaware for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- East Dover Elementary School's student population of 361 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||361 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- East Dover Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 205 schools in Delaware (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DE)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#136 out of 205 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (12-13)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Capital School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wilmington Academia Antonia Alonso Grades: K-4 | 494 students
4403 Lancaster Pike
Wilmington, DE 19805
(302) 351-8200 1.0 K-4 494
- Newark Delaware Design-lab High School Grades: 9-12 | 298 students
179 Stanton Christiana Road
Newark, DE 19702
(302) 660-1190 1.0 9-12 298
- Dover Early College High School At Delaware State University Grades: 9-12 | 420 students
1570 North Dupont Highway
Dover, DE 19901
(302) 678-3247 1.0 9-12 420
- Clayton First State Military Academy Grades: 9-10 | 271 students
355 West Duck Creek Road, P.o.
Clayton, DE 19938
(302) 223-2150 1.0 9-10 271
- Wilmington First State Montessori Academy Grades: K-5 | 434 students
Wilmington, DE 19801
(302) 576-1500 1.0 K-5 434
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.