South Dover Elementary School
South Dover Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Delaware for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- South Dover Elementary School's student population of 577 students has grown by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||577 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Dover Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DE)|
|Overall School Rank||#135 out of 200 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Capital School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wilmington Academia Antonia Alonso Grades: K-3 | 415 students
4403 Lancaster Pike
Wilmington, DE 19805
(302)351-8200 0.7 K-3 415
- Newark Delaware Design-lab High School Grades: 9-11 | 272 students
179 Stanton Christiana Road
Newark, DE 19702
(302)660-1190 0.7 9-11 272
- Dover Early College High School At Delaware State University Grades: 9-12 | 289 students
1570 North Dupont Highway
Dover, DE 19901
(302)678-3247 0.7 9-12 289
- Clayton First State Military Academy Grades: 9-10 | 243 students
355 West Duck Creek Road, P.o.
Clayton, DE 19938
(302)223-2150 0.7 9-10 243
- Wilmington First State Montessori Academy Grades: K-5 | 402 students
1000 North French Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
(302)576-1500 0.7 K-5 402
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.