East Side Elementary School
- East Side Elementary School's student population of 396 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Total Students||396 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- East Side Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 4,239 schools in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#3407 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||GOUVERNEUR CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gouverneur Gouverneur Junior-senior High School Grades: 5-12 | 907 students
113 E Barney St
Gouverneur, NY 13642
(315)287-1900 0.5 5-12 907
- Gouverneur West Side Elementary School Grades: 3-4 | 222 students
25 Wilson St
Gouverneur, NY 13642
(315)287-3200 1.5 3-4 222
- De Kalb Junction Hermon-dekalb Central School Grades: PK-12 | 396 students
709 E Dekalb Rd
De Kalb Junction, NY 13630
(315)347-3442 12.3 PK-12 396
- Antwerp Antwerp Primary School Grades: K-3 | 209 students
10 Academy St
Antwerp, NY 13608
(315)659-8386 12.4 K-3 209
- Hermon Edwards-knox Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 315 students
2512 County Route 24
Hermon, NY 13652
(315)562-8132 12.6 PK-6 315
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.