Eastside Elementary School
Eastside Elementary School serves 554 students in grades Kindergarten-4.
Eastside Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Arkansas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 74% (which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 53% (which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is higher than the Arkansas state level of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 18% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Arkansas state average of 40% (majority Black).
- Grades: Kindergarten-4
- Students: 554 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 17:1
- Minority Enrollment: 18%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in AR
- Math Proficiency: 74% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 53% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AR Dept. of Education
Eastside Elementary School's student population of 554 students has grown by 23% over five school years.
The teacher population of 33 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Eastside Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 998 schools in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Eastside Elementary School is 0.32, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (AR)
Overall Testing Rank
#130 out of 998 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AR Dept. of Education
Review Eastside Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.