Ethel Phillips Elementary School
Ethel Phillips Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Ethel Phillips Elementary School's student population of 495 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||495 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ethel Phillips Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has decreased from 24:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#8614 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sacramento City Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sacramento Oak Ridge Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 502 students
4501 Mlk Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95820
(916) 395-4665 0.6 K-6 502
- Sacramento St. Hope Public School 7 Grades: K-8 | 554 students
5201 Strawberry Ln.
Sacramento, CA 95820
(916) 649-7850 0.6 K-8 554
- Sacramento Bret Harte Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 276 students
2751 Ninth Ave.
Sacramento, CA 95818
(916) 277-6261 0.7 K-6 276
- Sacramento Father Keith B. Kenny Grades: K-8 | 388 students
3525 Mlk Jr. Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95817
(916) 395-4570 0.8 K-8 388
- Sacramento Hollywood Park Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 348 students
4915 Harte Way
Sacramento, CA 95822
(916) 395-4590 0.8 K-6 348
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.