American Legion High (Continuation School)
- American Legion High (Continuation School)'s student population of 269 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||269 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- American Legion High (Continuation School) is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has decreased from 22:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#9519 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sacramento City Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sacramento Father Keith B. Kenny Grades: K-8 | 388 students
3525 Mlk Jr. Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95817
(916) 395-4570 0.4 K-8 388
- Oakland Aspire Capitol Heights Academy Grades: K-5 | 276 students
2520 33rd St.
Oakland, CA 94606
(916) 739-8520 0.6 K-5 276
- Sacramento Sacramento Charter High School Grades: 9-12 | 760 students
2315 34th St.
Sacramento, CA 95817
(916) 277-6200 0.6 9-12 760
- Sacramento Bret Harte Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 276 students
2751 Ninth Ave.
Sacramento, CA 95818
(916) 277-6261 0.7 K-6 276
- Sacramento Oak Ridge Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 502 students
4501 Mlk Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95820
(916) 395-4665 0.9 K-6 502
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.