F A Day Middle School
- F A Day Middle School's student population of 978 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 87 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||978 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||87 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- F A Day Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,666 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#377 out of 1666 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Newton School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newton Newton Early Childhood Center Grades: PK | 197 students
150 Jackson Road
Newton, MA 02458
(617) 559-6050 0.1 PK 197
- West Newton Franklin Grades: K-5 | 434 students
125 Derby Street
West Newton, MA 02465
(617) 559-9500 0.9 K-5 434
- Newton Lincoln-eliot Grades: K-5 | 374 students
191 Pearl Street
Newton, MA 02458
(617) 559-9540 0.9 K-5 374
- Newtonville Newton North High School Grades: 9-12 | 2,148 students
457 Walnut Street
Newtonville, MA 02460
(617) 559-6200 0.9 9-12 2,148
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.