Fairmont Elementary School
Fairmont Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Fairmont Elementary School's student population of 921 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 61 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||921 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||61 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Fairmont Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall School Rank||#889 out of 1,784 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fairmont Area School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fairmont Fairmont Jr./sr. High School Grades: 7-12 | 796 students
900 Johnson St
Fairmont, MN 56031
(507)238-4411 0.7 7-12 796
- Fairmont Southern Plains Education Coop. Grades: PK-K | 12 students
714 Victoria Street
Fairmont, MN 56031
(507)238-1472 1.2 PK-K 12
- Sherburn Welcome Elementary School Grades: PK-K
308 4th St
Sherburn, MN 56171
(507)764-2330 8.4 PK-K n/a
- Granada Granada Huntley East Chain Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 118 students
300 Reynolds St.
Granada, MN 56039
(507)447-2211 10.2 PK-6 118
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.