False Pass School
- False Pass School's student population of 11 students has grown by 37% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 2 teachers has grown by 100% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||11 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- False Pass School's student:teacher ratio of 6:1 has decreased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Aleutians East Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- King Cove King Cove School Grades: PK-12 | 92 students
100 Slocum Drive
King Cove, AK 99612
(907)497-2354 46.4 PK-12 92
- Akutan Akutan School Grades: PK-12 | 10 students
202 Volcano Drive
Akutan, AK 99553
(907)698-2205 106.8 PK-12 10
- Sand Point Sand Point School Grades: PK-12 | 126 students
123 Red Cove Road
Sand Point, AK 99661
(907)383-2393 120.6 PK-12 126
- Unalaska Eagle's View Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 197 students
503 East Broadway
Unalaska, AK 99685
(907)581-3979 142.0 PK-6 197
- Unalaska Unalaska Jr/sr High School Grades: 7-12 | 190 students
55 East Broadway
Unalaska, AK 99685
(907)581-1222 142.4 7-12 190
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.