Unalaska Jr/sr High School
- Unalaska Jr/sr High School's student population of 190 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2011)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||190 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Unalaska Jr/sr High School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||17:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Unalaska City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Unalaska Eagle's View Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 197 students
503 East Broadway
Unalaska, AK 99685
(907)581-3979 0.6 PK-6 197
- Akutan Akutan School Grades: PK-12 | 10 students
202 Volcano Drive
Akutan, AK 99553
(907)698-2205 35.5 PK-12 10
- False Pass False Pass School Grades: PK-12 | 11 students
300 Valley Road
False Pass, AK 99583
(907)548-2224 142.4 PK-12 11
- King Cove King Cove School Grades: PK-12 | 92 students
100 Slocum Drive
King Cove, AK 99612
(907)497-2354 188.2 PK-12 92
- Saint George Island St George School Grades: PK-12 | 6 students
Saint George Island, AK 99591
(907)859-2228 223.6 PK-12 6
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.