Unalaska Jr/sr High School
Unalaska Jr/sr High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Unalaska Jr/sr High School's student population of 184 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2011)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||184 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Unalaska Jr/sr High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 465 schools in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#67 out of 465 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||17:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Unalaska City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Unalaska Eagle's View Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 217 students
503 East Broadway
Unalaska, AK 99685
(907)581-3979 0.6 PK-6 217
- Akutan Akutan School Grades: PK-12 | 13 students
202 Volcano Dr
Akutan, AK 99553
(907)698-2205 35.5 PK-12 13
- False Pass False Pass School Grades: PK-12 | 6 students
300 Valley Rd
False Pass, AK 99583
(907)548-2224 142.4 PK-12 6
- King Cove King Cove School Grades: PK-12 | 94 students
100 Slocum Dr
King Cove, AK 99612
(907)497-2354 188.2 PK-12 94
- Saint George Island Psd Correspondence Program Grades: K-10 | 8 students
Saint George Island, AK 99591
(907)859-2228 222.6 K-10 8
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
A new bill in the Arizona State Senate could criminalize teachers who use inappropriate language in the classroom. We’ll take a look at both sides of the debate.