Florence Elementary School
Florence Elementary School serves 469 students in grades Prekindergarten-4.
Florence Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 80-84% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 70-74% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is equal to the Texas state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 23% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Texas state average of 74% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-4
- Students: 469 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 23%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5% in TX
- Math Proficiency: 80-84% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 70-74% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
Florence Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Florence Elementary School's student population of 469 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
The teacher population of 33 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Florence Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 8,043 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Florence Elementary School is 0.39, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#314 out of 8043 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
I heard this was a great school and the curriculum is. The staff... yes, they are great if you come from money or your child has been attending since kindergarten. My child was harassed by bullies and we were told by the faculty that they only believe the students that have been there longest and that new kids are usually the trouble makers. My once very happy 9 year old who loved school is a severely depressed child who now believes no matter how hard she tries, not only the mean girls but the teachers hate her. The principal never responded to my concerns over the pack of girls that bullied her and sent her into a depressed girl with suicidal thoughts. The Gym teacher made her run on a 100 degree day when she had bronchitis and she was weezing.
Review Florence Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.