Frontier Charter School
- Frontier Charter School's student population of 270 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 2 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||270 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Frontier Charter School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 466 schools in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||n/a||n/a|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Anchorage School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anchorage North Star Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 468 students
605 W Fireweed Lane
Anchorage, AK 99503
(907)742-3800 0.3 PK-6 468
- Anchorage Family Partnership Charter School Grades: K-12 | 503 students
401 E Fireweed Lane Suite 100
Anchorage, AK 99503
(907)742-3700 0.5 K-12 503
- Anchorage Aquarian Charter School Grades: K-6 | 377 students
1705 W 32nd Ave
Anchorage, AK 99517
(907)742-4900 0.9 K-6 377
- Anchorage Central Middle School Of Science Grades: 7-8 | 435 students
1405 E St
Anchorage, AK 99501
(907)742-5100 0.9 7-8 435
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.