Gallman Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 442 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 81%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in SC
- Math Proficiency: 40% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 26% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), SC Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
40% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 46% SC state average), while 26% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% SC state average).
How many students attend Gallman Elementary School?
442 students attend Gallman Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
52% of Gallman Elementary School students are Black, 25% of students are Hispanic, 19% of students are White, and 4% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Gallman Elementary School?
Gallman Elementary School has a student ration of 13:1, which is lower than the South Carolina state average of 14:1.
What grades does Gallman Elementary School offer ?
Gallman Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Gallman Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities